01 May 2010

College Graduate


Thanks Rachel and everyone for congratulating me on my graduation. You should be receiving a letter in the mail soon with a picture and a note about my graduation. I did not send out any invitations just because I knew that no one could come any way except for Rachel and Mom.

I am coming home to Tennessee on May 24th and will be there for the entire summer. I can't wait to spent time with everyone especially my nieces and nephews. My plan for work is to cater with Main Street Cafe and to start my own cleaning business. So, keep your ears open for anyone needing a cleaning lady. I am not going to work for less than $10 an hour though. My plan is to actually get paid per job not per hour. I hope that's a good idea. I'm open to hear any suggestions.

I'm back on the Navajo reservation for the next 2 weeks. I'm happy to be here, but also sad because I miss Matt. I'd rather be in Provo with him before I leave for Tennessee.

I enjoy going on these types of excursions though. It always reminds me to be grateful for the small things in life like a having a home, food, and family. I am staying in the dorms at the Dine College. My cell phone doesn't have any service, the heat is turned off and it's 40 degrees outside (and freezing at night), and I am 40 miles from the nearest grocery store. I don't have a car so I rely on the other student for rides to places. I appreciate the reminder of how fortunate and privileged of a life I lead. I hope I can never take this for granted. I know the only way I will never forget is by taking excursions like this every once in a while so that I am reminded.

I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment