Hey,
Thanks for getting on here and posting. Try to encourage everyone else to get on here too!
My life is a lot less hectic now because I finished my presentation for the 12th Annual BYU Inquiry Conference. If you want to learn more about the conference and my presentation, here's the website: http://www.kennedy.byu.edu/events/inquiry/index.php It went really well! I had about 7 of my professors at BYU attend and about 40 students so it was pretty intense but exciting at the same time. They filmed the entire thing so when that is loaded on the Kennedy Center website, I'll let you know.
It was very exciting to share with the audience what I learned from my research experience. I get to go to a Western Social Science Association Conference in Reno, Nevada and a National Conference on Undergraduate Research in Missoula, Montana, to present my study in April! I'm super excited. Mostly, to see the Montana mountains!!!
Love all,
Mary
First Day of School 2015-2016
11 years ago
Wow, Mary! You have worked so hard! Is Reno near Vegas? Are these trips planned at the first of April? It will be fun for you to listen to other people speak and present posters as well. I loved attending the American Astronomical Society Conference in San Diego when I was an undergrad. Be sure to let us know when the film is available. By the way you can post hyperlinks on here by typing:
ReplyDeleteNAME or you can just use the URL hyperlink icon.
Cool! I'll do that. They said that it will be up in a week.
ReplyDeleteI'm way excited about the conferences. I'm actually really surprised at how much I'm enjoying research and all this academic stuff. I have some professors here who are really trying to get me into their graduate Sociology program. I'm glad that I have a year to think about what I want to do next.
But yeah, those conferences are the week before you come out here. So, that will be fun!
Mary, you should take a year off and then go for it- a graduate degree in sociology or anthropology. You have worked very hard as an undergrad. I'm sure grad school would be a breeze for you.
ReplyDeleteThanks Rachel,
ReplyDeleteI definitely want to go to graduate school. There's no doubt in my mind...just don't know what I want to get a degree in. ;)